Three Charged for Alleged Corruption Involving About S$96,000
On 18 March 2022, three individuals were charged in Court for corruption offences. They are:
a) Goh Sia Choon Jeffrey (“Jeffrey”) (吴声俊, 49-year-old male, Singaporean), sole Director and shareholder of SC Integrated Engineering Pte Ltd (“SCI”) at the material time;
b) Goh Hai Chew Edward (“Edward”) (吴海洲, 51-year-old male, Singaporean), Director of NCS Communications Engineering Pte Ltd (“NCS CE”) at the material time; and
c) Lee Wen Han (“Wen Han”) (李玟翰, 47-year-old male, Singaporean), Project Director of NCS CE at the material time.
2. Between 17 May 2018 and 19 November 2019, Jeffrey had allegedly given gratification totalling about S$96,000 in the form of air tickets, cash and electronic products to Edward and Wen Han over 19 occasions, in return for advancing SCI’s business interests with NCS CE and its parent company, NCS Pte Ltd (“NCS”).
3. For their alleged actions:
a) Jeffrey will face 19 counts of corruptly giving gratification to Edward and Wen Han as an inducement for advancing the business interests of SCI with NCS CE and NCS, punishable under Section 6(b) of the Prevention of Corruption Act.
b) Edward and Wen Han will each face 19 counts of conspiring to corruptly obtain gratification from Jeffrey as an inducement for advancing the business interests of SCI with NCS CE and NCS, punishable under Section 6(a) read with Section 29(a) of the Prevention of Corruption Act.
4. Singapore adopts a strict zero-tolerance approach towards corruption. Any person who is convicted of a corruption offence can be fined up to S$100,000 or sentenced to imprisonment of up to 5 years or to both.
5. The Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) looks into all corruption-related complaints and reports, including anonymous ones, and can be reached via the following channels:
6. Where possible, the report should include the following information:
a) Where, when and how the alleged corrupt act happened?
b) Who was involved and what were their roles?
c) What was the bribe given and the favour shown?
CORRUPT PRACTICES INVESTIGATION BUREAU