Two Charged For Alleged Corruption Involving Security Contracts
On 21 April 2022, two individuals will be charged in Court for offences under the Prevention of Corruption Act. They are:
a) Muhamed Haris S/O K A Bahrudeen Shah (“Haris”) (47-year-old Singaporean male), Senior Business Development Manager in the employment of KH Security Pte Ltd (“KH Security”) at the material time; and
b) Vicneshwaranathan S/O Ramanathan (“Nathan”) (51-year-old Singaporean male), Chief Executive Officer of Assured Protection & Consultancy Pte Ltd (“APC”) at the material time.
2. Between 22 October 2018 and 2 October 2020, Haris had allegedly obtained gratification totalling about $33,000 on 38 occasions from Nathan through APC, as rewards for referring potential business with Trans Eurokars Pte Ltd, Hillside World Academy, Worldwide Hotels Pte Ltd, Centurion Corporation Ltd or Labourtel Management Corporation Pte Ltd to Nathan, which was a breach of Haris’ duties as Senior Business Development Manager of KH Security. For his alleged actions, Haris faces six charges punishable under Section 6(a) of the Prevention of Corruption Act, of which five charges are amalgamated pursuant to Section 124(4) of the Criminal Procedure Code, Chapter 68.
3. Correspondingly, for allegedly giving gratification to Haris as rewards for Haris’ referral of potential business to him, Nathan faces six charges punishable under Section 6(b) of the Prevention of Corruption Act, of which five charges are amalgamated pursuant to Section 124(4) of the Criminal Procedure Code, Chapter 68.
4. Singapore adopts a strict zero-tolerance approach towards corruption. Any person who is convicted of a corruption offence can be fined up to S$100,000 or sentenced to imprisonment of up to five years or to both.
5. The Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) looks into all corruption-related complaints and reports, including anonymous ones, and can be reached via the following channels:
a) Lodge an e-Complaint;
b) Email us at email@example.com;
c) Call the Duty Officer at 1800-376-0000; or
d) Write to us at the CPIB Headquarters @ 2 Lengkok Bahru, S159047.
6. Where possible, the report should include the following information:
a) Where, when and how the alleged corrupt act happened?
b) Who was involved and what were their roles?
c) What was the bribe given and the favour shown?
CORRUPT PRACTICES INVESTIGATION BUREAU